GET BACK ON TRACK… 2nd Edition
Dr Patrick Molotsi
DEUTERONOMY 30:19-20 – “This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob”.
- God has set before us life and death, blessings and curses. Whatever we chose will not only affect us individually, but it will also affect our descendants. The choices we make in life determine our future/destiny.
3 ways that God uses for us to get back to him
- Conviction – when you accept Jesus as your Lord and savior you are free from conviction, but it’s also possible that even when you are saved as long as you continue living in sin you will be convicted. God always sends his prophet to encourage you to change your ways, but if you continue to live in sin this will lead to hardship. Change your ways!
- You will recognize the voice of God again.
- Choose the ways of God, they are the best ways you need in your life.
We draw the presence of God by praying and reading the Word of God.
Jonah 1:1- 17
- When you continue doing wicked things, the army of God will arise against you. God says to Jonah go to Nineveh but Jonah decided otherwise, he went to Tarshish, because he was running away from God’s presence.
- Whatever you are doing in life make sure that the presents of God is ahead of you. Some of the storms you experience in life is because you disobeyed God’s instructions. It doesn’t matter how far you hide yourself GOD WILL FIND YOU!
- When you find yourself in the place that you are not supposed to be, things will get worse. The company of people you keep will either take you up or press you down. You walk around losers you will become a loser. Take care of your family because they will never leave you in good times or in bad times. When you grow old they will take care of you.
- The misfortune that you experience in your life is because you don’t want to do the will of God. You are a Kingdom person. Jonah acknowledged that it was him who brought misfortune to his people. Likewise you need to change your ways, make self-introspection daily, and always know that you reap what you sow. Why is your destiny swallowed? You are not making progress, why? Why are there no blessings in your life? Whatever has swallowed you, if you come back on track all will be sorted and your life will be realigned.
Jonah 2:1-3 “From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the Lord his God. 2 He said: “In my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me. From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help, and you listened to my cry. You hurled me into the depths, into the very heart of the seas, and the currents swirled about me; all your waves and breakers swept over me”.
Jonah 2:10 “And the Lord commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land”.
- When you pray to GOD answers come down. Pray continually, never cease to pray against the battles of your life. It doesn’t matter how your condition is, but if you pray, God will hear you and answer you.
Jonah 3:1-2 “Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time: 2 “Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you”.
PSALM 119:67 – “Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word”.
- God loves us, He allows the afflictions to happen to us, these afflictions are not meant to kill us but they are to get our attention back to God and change our ways. However, if we don’t change our ways and continue doing wrong and living in sin, that it will keep our life in jeopardy. God is a merciful God, He is full of love, He wants to build us not to destroy us.
Psalm 71:20 – “Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up”.
- The troubles that we experience should not worry us, because God will revive us again, He will return everything that has been stolen from us.
Job 5:17-18 – “Blessed is the one whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal”.
- Happy is the man whom God corrects. We should never despise God’s correction in our lives. When He corrects us He is doing it because He has good intentions about our lives. God wants to heal us, and He wants us to have a fulfilled life. We don’t live for ourselves but for God.